By Evangeline Jennings
Once a week, most weeks, we will publish one Raw short story. Sometimes they will be our own stories because we’re proud of them, but everyone is welcome to submit and we’d much prefer to showcase other writers so don’t be afraid to pitch in.
If your story is selected, this is what you’ll get:
- A full edit and proofread by our editorial team
- Final say on every word and punctuation mark
- Your story will be published right here on this website, but you will keep all the rights
- A week after your story is published, we’ll run a profile piece all about you
Everyone is welcome to submit to Raw, but we’re not looking for stories about rainbows and unicorns. We’re looking for open nerves and veins and naked self expression. We’re looking for truths.
There are no limits. No minimum or maximum word counts. No genre straitjackets. If your rainbow unicorn story kick serious ass, we will publish it. Give us YA, Science Fiction, or Erotica. Mix them up if you like. Send us Crime, Noir, Romance, or Fantasy. Anything goes. Only, please:
- Put the title and genre of your story in the subject of your email.
- Introduce yourself in one paragraph or less
- Paste your story into the body of your email
- And that’s it
Send your submissions to email@example.com
And bookmark the permanent Raw page on our Submissions menu.